BARRIE, ONTARIO (April 26, 2013) - Topper’s Pizza served the Judges piping hot, fresh pizzas made from the recipes of all 8 Semi-Finalists. The Judges scored each recipe based on 4 areas: APPEARANCE, AROMA, TASTE, and LIKELIHOOD TO RECOMMEND. All the recipes were delicious, which made the decision very tough for the Judges! THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER of the Pizza Making Genius 2013 contest, as chosen by the Judges, WINS FREE PIZZA FOR A YEAR will have their pizza on the Topper’s menu starting May 27, 2013, and be featured in the summer advertising.
THE PIZZA MAKING GENIUS 2013 GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED TO CHRIS FRYER of Orangeville with his recipe for a MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN PIZZA. Congratulations, Chris! You’re a Pizza Making Genius!
Special kudos go out to the top Facebook winners, Irvin A. (Sudbury) for his PHILLY CHEESE STEAK PIZZA recipe, and Christina Y. (Ottawa) for her HONEY GARLIC PIZZA recipe. Both entrants also WIN FREE PIZZA FOR A YEAR.
Congratulations and a SPECIAL THANK YOU TO THESE SEMI-FINALISTS who each received 2 FREE Large Deluxe pizzas and Topper’s Dip! Thank you to everyone who participated in and/or watched the announcements for the Pizza Making Genius 2013 contest!
TASTE TESTING BY THE JUDGES!
Check out what the judges have to say about the Top 8 Semi-Finalist recipes....which one did they like? which one did they love?
Announcing the Top 8 Semi-Finalists in the Pizza Making Genius Contest 2013!
Thank you to everyone who has entered the Pizza Making Genius Contest 2013. There were so many delicious and interesting recipes, it was difficult to narrow it down. Here are the Top 8 Semi-Finalist pizza recipes (in no specific order):
- Honey Garlic Pizza submitted by: Cristina Y. from Nepean
- Philly Cheese Steak Pizza submitted by Irvin A. from Sudbury
- Pepperoni Avalanche Pizza submitted by John S. from Orangeville
- Zesty Supreme Pizza submitted by Lyne P. from Sudbury
- BBQ Meats Pizza submitted by Kris T. from Sudbury
- Spicy Bacon Ranch Chicken Pizza submitted by Rick L. from Collingwood
- Mediterranean Chicken Pizza submitted by Chris F. from Orangeville
- Hot Ranch Pizza submitted by Dimitrios S. from Burlington
Visit our Facebook Page to check out each of the semi-finalists! The winner will be chosen by the judges, not by the number of facebook shares or likes, and all decisions by the judges are final.